Monday, May 4, 2009

Breast feeding pillows

Have to say thanks to my gorgeous friend Nikki for this. I honestly don't know if I could have breast fed for this long without her Comphi breast feeding pillow.

I went through quite a bit of pain in the first six weeks on BFing. Ended up at the hospital lactation clinic twice, joined and made good use of the Australian Breast Feeding Association, had great support from family and friends, but even with all that, I have to say that it is HARD!

The Comphi really helped and if I can recommend that you buy anything for yourself (or even better, get friends or family to buy it for you) this is the thing. A breast feeding pillow will save your arms, back, legs, neck and is so lovely for the baby to rest on in between sides.

I know what you are thinking - surely a normal pillow will do just fine. And yes it will help, but the ergonomics of a BFing pillow mean it wraps around your body so if you use a different hold then it will still support the baby, plus it is less bulky and awkward than a normal pillow.

Can't recommend them highly enough - saved me from max pain!

More on breast feeding to come. Ouchies!

No comments:

Post a Comment